Sunday, May 24, 2015

Bohen's Musky Frog & BLT Distraction

The musky seasons up north are starting or are soon to start and it reminded me that I had another almost complete fly tutorial from the few days that I spent with Brad Bohen of Musky Country Outfitters a couple summers ago.  This fly, the Musky Frog, is a relatively simple tie, easy to cast with an eight or nine weight, and makes just the right noise when pulled through the top water. 

Enjoy the photo step by step tutorial on this fly and sorry for the BLT (and brew) distraction.








With the glue on the foam head and shank curing, I sat down for one of the tastiest BLT's and a cold beer that I've ever had.  Unfortunately while I was on the front porch enjoying lunch, Brad had a "working lunch" inside and knocked out the tail to the Musky Frog.  Whoops...

No worries though, a similar tail section photo tutorial can be seen in the Bohen 747 fly tutorial which is another great fly to check out as well.


The Musky Frog complete and ready for the water.


If you didn't catch the posts on this trip the first time around, then check out these dispatches...

A FEW DAYS IN MUSKY COUNTRY
ON THE BOARD
40 INCHES OF TEETH AND FURY

GLASS IS FOR MUSKY 
WHAT I LEARNED IN MUSKY COUNTRY

Check out the Musky Country Outfitters website for more information and follow what Brad's up to on the Facebook page as well.

No comments: